The following article, Woman Fears Permanent Scarring After reaction To Leg Tattoo, was first published on Flag And Cross.
STAFFORDSHIRE, England — A woman fears she could be permanently scarred after she had an unexpected reaction to her leg tattoo.
Mariah Natabus, 21, paid £250 ($320) for a flower and butterfly design tattoo down her right leg in November last year.
But shortly afterwards, her skin became red, itchy and inflamed, and nine months later she is still suffering, she said.
Mariah, who is autistic, blames the tattoo parlor – but experts there said she likely suffered an allergic reaction.
“The tattoo is always sore, and it looks horrid, but I’ve been to the doctors and no treatment has worked,” said Mariah from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
“It’s been a nightmare.”
Mariah visited the tattoo parlor on Nov. 30, 2022, excited to add to her body art and was originally pleased with the work she had done.
But after 10 days, Mariah says the ink began itching and the shading around the design became red and inflamed.
She put off seeking medical help for months because of her anxiety, she said, but eventually the discomfort became too much for her.
“I was happy at first with the tattoo, but then it became all scabby and puss was coming out of it,” said Mariah.
“I tried to use tattoo cream on it, but that didn’t work.
“I left it for ages because I was too scared to go to the doctors, and it just got worse and worse.
“Eventually, after three months, I had to see someone. It was so uncomfortable.”
Mariah says she was then referred to a dermatologist who prescribed her skin cream which hasn’t had the effect she’d hoped.
She has been left with red and scarring surrounding the tattoo, and claims it is still itchy and sore nine months later.
She added: “I’ve been prescribed creams by the dermatologist but nothing has worked. I’ve given up on medical help now as it’s too stressful for me.
“The itching gets worse in hot weather. I have to cover my leg all the time.”
Mariah says she has recently begun legal proceedings against the tattoo parlor.
However, the parlor has dismissed her claims that the tattoo became infected instead suggesting Mariah likely suffered an allergic reaction.
Produced in association with SWNS Talker
Edited by Judy J. Rotich and Newsdesk Manager
Continue reading: Woman Fears Permanent Scarring After reaction To Leg Tattoo ...