Facebook
Twitter
Google+
https://storywarrant.com/2022/01/09/defensive-alec-baldwin-denies-obstructing-cell-phone-investigation">
RSS

Like what you're reading? Please Support Us!

Defensive Alec Baldwin Denies Obstructing Cell Phone Investigation

The following article, Defensive Alec Baldwin Denies Obstructing Cell Phone Investigation, was first published on Flag And Cross.

Now months removed from the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins by Hollywood’s Alec Baldwin, investigators are continuing to attempt to understand just how a live round ended up in a weapon that the actor was pointing at the camera.

And, perhaps even more worrisome, is just how Baldwin has chosen to categorize the incident, stating emphatically that he never pulled the trigger.

Now, in true Hollywood fashion, this may very well be a McGuffin, or a plot-driving point with no value.  Because, if Alec Baldwin sets the argument as to whether or not he pulled the trigger, (and if he knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no footage from the incident, which he would know as a producer on the film), then he is moving investigatory eyes away from the negligence that existed on his set, and into some sort of strange “trigger pull or no trigger pull” argument.

In recent days, Baldwin has stood accused of obstructing a warrant meant to obtain data from his cellphone, and is now emphatically denying such claims.

Alec Baldwin refuted allegations that he is not complying with a probe into the fatal shooting of a woman on the set of the film “Rust” last year.

The firing of a prop gun by Baldwin led to the death of the director of photography, Halyna Hutchins, and injured the director, Joel Souza.

“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders or demands or search warrants about my phone, that’s bullshit, that’s a lie,” Baldwin said in a lengthy video posted to Instagram on Saturday.

But the reality of the situation sounded a lot like red tape.

The actor said in the Instagram video that authorities in New Mexico, where the shooting took place, have to go through the state of New York, where he lives, to obtain his cellphone.

On Friday, law enforcement officials in New Mexico requested assistance from authorities in New York in their efforts to retrieve the phone, according to a BBC report.

“That is a process that takes time. They have to specify what exactly they want, they can’t just go through your phone and take your photos or your love letters to your wife or what have you,” Baldwin said.

At this time it does not appear that Baldwin will be held legally liable in the case, but there are still concerns that his capacity as a producer on the film could see him culpable for damages in a civil suit claiming negligence.

Continue reading: Defensive Alec Baldwin Denies Obstructing Cell Phone Investigation ...

Leave a Reply

avatar
3000
  Subscribe  
Notify of

Like what you're reading? Please Support Us!