The following article, Blacks Disproportionately Harmed as Murder Rates Skyrocket in These Democrat-Controlled Cities, was first published on Flag And Cross.
With murder rates soaring in every major city in the country, even as Democrats slash police forces and their budgets, black citizens are being disproportionately harmed by the growing crime wave.
Black people have ended up as the main victims of this rising murder rate, and every one of the cities experiencing the crime wave is completely controlled by members of the Democrat Party.
A recent report by the Daily Caller News Foundation reviewed crime data from last year to see who was hit worse, looking at the data from some of America’s biggest cities, including, Chicago, Baltimore, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, and Indianapolis.
And, blacks were hardest hit:
The percentage of murder victims in Chicago that were black increased from 70% in 2020 to 81% in 2021 while that figure increased from 60% to 90% year-over-year in Milwaukee, the data showed. In one of the cities analyzed, the percentage of black victims decreased, but the raw number of black victims still increased.
Democratic leaders of most of the cities examined voted to greatly reduce police funding amid widespread Black Lives Matter protests last year. In the wake of the death of George Floyd, who died after former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin kneeled on his neck in May 2020, thousands of protests and riots took place across the country.
The report added:
While murder statistics in just six cities were analyzed, the number of homicides has spiked roughly 18% across the country compared to 2020, according to a random sample of 37 cities, The New York Times reported. In 2020, the number of murders increased by 36.7% compared to 2019, according to data analytics reporter Jeff Asher.
As Violent Crime SURGES across America, some politicians and some in the media are gaslighting the public into thinking the Police are the Problem…
New York City 64%
Los Angeles 51%
Chicago 18% pic.twitter.com/5RbhbKY312
— National Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) (@GLFOP) June 22, 2021
Among the other findings, the DCNF found these statistics:
- Chicago: Black people have been the victims of roughly 81% of murders this year while they were the victims in about 70% of 2020 murders.
- Baltimore: Black people were the victims of 130, or 39%, of the 335 homicides committed in Baltimore for all of last year.
- Milwaukee: Black people were the victims of 79, or 90%, of the total murders this year.
- Pittsburgh: Black people made up 90% of murder victims between January and April. In comparison, 60% of murder victims during the same time period last year were black.
- Los Angeles: Between Jan. 1, 2020, and June 21, 2020, black people were the victims of 92 of the 272 homicides. In the same period this year, they represented 103 of the 315 total homicides.
- Indianapolis: Black people represented 58 of the 98 murder victims in Indianapolis between Jan. 1, 2021, and June 1, 2021. Last year, black people were the victims in 53 of the city’s 70 total murders.
Democrats are killing their voters. Literally.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.