The following article, More And More On-The-Record Denials Surface Refuting ‘Atlantic’ Report About Trump Insulting Soldiers, was first published on Flag And Cross.
The folks over at The Atlantic are probably sweating bullets right now as their little ploy to somehow become relevant and enter the mainstream discussion about the president and the election is unraveling quickly, right before their eyes.
More and more folks are going on record to deny the claims made in a report the publication put out last week claiming that President Trump insulted dead soldiers by calling them “losers.”
You know, the same report that came from so-called “anonymous sources,” which likely means “made up” sources.
White House Kayleigh McEnany made an appearance on Fox News in the morning on Tuesday and said she knows of 19 on-the-record sources who have denied the story by Jeffrey Goldberg, the editor-in-chief of the Atlantic.
“More than a dozen of which have first-hand accounts have dismissed this. Said it is fundamentally untrue,” she added.
Two more on-the-record denials have since been shared on Twitter, including by Nick Ayers, who served as chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence from 2017 to 2019.
— Nick Ayers (@nick_ayers) September 8, 2020
Moments later, Brian Morgenstern, the deputy communications director and deputy press secretary at the White House, shared what he said was the 21st denial from retired Maj. Gen. William Matz, who said he was the host of the event “discussed by the false and despicable” article in the Atlantic.
Make it 21 statements refuting The Atlantic’s false reporting & demonstrating @realDonaldTrump’s respect for our nation’s heroes.
This from retired Maj. Gen. William Matz, who was present in France during the time in question: pic.twitter.com/XF1oVtcqbR
— Brian Morgenstern (@BMorgenstern45) September 8, 2020
Even major Trump critic and former national security adviser John Bolton says this claim by The Atlantic is completely bogus. This is man who has burned his bridges with Trump and continues to push a book that is totally critical of the man. There’s no reason for him to defend him. He’s not getting anything out of it.
So why don’t the “anonymous sources” come forward and reveal themselves in order to add credibility to their claims? According to Goldberg, they are remaining hidden because they don’t want “to interfere with democratic electoral processes.”
They don’t? Then why did they — if they actually exist — release the information in the first place? Certainly they knew such claims would convince some folks to abandon Trump and thus vote for Biden. That’s a bunch of nonsense. Do these people really think we will believe that?
Guess we’ll have to wait and see what further developments may come of this.