The following article, Study: How Recent Political Events Have Had A Significant Impact On the Health of Americans, was first published on Flag And Cross.
Anti-cop stuff. Protests. Riots. COVID-19. Sports coming to a halt, then semi-haphazardly restarting. All of this during a presidential election year. What a time to be alive.
How is this effecting the average American?
Well, Harry Gordon and the team over at Sleep Standards conducted a survey comprised of 1,173 respondents.
Here’s what they found…
In July 2020, we surveyed 1137 respondents in the United States on how the Presidential Election and the recent political events have had a significant impact on the health of American Citizens. Here are what we found:
1. The average hours of sleep per day in all U.S. states falls below the recommended 7-9 hours.
2. The average hours of weekly sleep in United States is 43.33 which falls slightly below the recommended 47 hours of weekly sleep that the average adult should get.
3. 52.40% of Americans claimed that they are experiencing anxiety during the President Election and political events.
4. 50.30% of respondents stated that they were having trouble eating or eating unhealthily.
5. 46.20% of Americans concerned about America’s future on the next presidential term.
6. 42.40% of Americans concerned about losing jobs in Covid-19 crisis.
7. 37.60% of Americans concerned about the expansion of the Coronavirus from George Floyd protests.
Check out more of the study by following this link.